Tuesday, April 21, 2009

rania on solids


Rania is 5 months yesterday and is happily eating now. I still can't believe I introduced solids to her so early at just over 4 months when Imran only had his first taste just before he turned 6 months.

She was waking up earlier than usual from her naps, so I thought it was a sign that her stomach wanted more than the milk. That was when I thought perhaps she was ready for the good old solids, and to my amazement she was keen from the start! I was rather surprised as Imran took a while to learn how to 'eat' from the spoon.

As with Imran, I started giving her some baby rice mixed with breastmilk and slowly added apple or pear puree to it. Now she is eating pureed carrot and rice, potato, pumpkin and papaya. Her favourite seems to be the apple, but I am excited to introduce her to more exciting foods when she turns 6 months.

She is getting to be more and more sociable these days and likes to be talked to. She is also quite strong, already turning to her side and always wanting to raise her head. She's quite good with entertaining herself - she can spend a good 15 minutes just playing with her toes!

It's true when they say that babies' looks change from time to time. I definitely think she's looking more and more like me when I was a baby, although I might just be imagining it! Whatever it is, she is the darling of our family for now - and even Imran thinks so!



5 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as adorable as that, it's hard not to be everyone's darling, you know! :)

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

thanks nina. she has a smile that melts everyone's hearts! :)

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Rina said...

there's nothing wrong with weaning her from 4 months, glad you did so!
oh, she DOES look like you dear...cant wait to see her.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger elly said...

i love the photo! she is just so adorable..

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

that reassurance means a lot to me dr. rina! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home