Thursday, November 27, 2008

our new bundle of joy


r a n i a
21 OCTOBER 08 - 12.59 AM - 2.84 KG - 48 CM

Introducing the new addition to our family. While she gave her Mama a scare by wanting to come out too early at 32 weeks, I managed to make her wait till 37 weeks (just like her brother!) when she is more ready to be out of the womb. Alhamdulillah, she is a perfectly healthy baby, and after all the anxiety due to his travels, her Papa was around afterall to receive her into the world.

In fact it was this time last week that I started feeling the contractions. But as I had a few false alarm before having many Braxton Hicks contractions which only subsided after a while, I thought this can't be it. So I continued playing with Imran, fed him his dinner, put him down to bed and made plans to go out for dinner as I really felt like Italian food.

On the way out to dinner, I realised it was getting stronger and also pretty regular. But I insisted on the dinner as I was starving anyway. I had a lovely time at dinner despite the pain which came every 4 minutes. Dino was getting anxious and excited, he kept telling me that it was for real and that we should rush to the hospital. But I didn't want to hurry and insisted on my dessert. I thought it's better than lying down on the hospital bed anyway.

We got to Ampang Putri Hospital just before 10 pm and sure enough I was already 4 cm dilated and the contractions were already strong. I made a brave decision not to have epidural this time, but felt nervous as the pain started to feel more and more intense after the water bag was broken. We all thought that the baby was probably coming out early morning, so doctor, my dad and Dino decided to go up to the room to get some rest at around 11.15 pm. The nurses said I should try catch some sleep since I was on Pethadin. But I couldn't doze off at all as the pain just kept getting stronger. At about 12.20 am, I called for the nurse as I thought the pain was getting really intense. They came in and were surprised to find me 7cm dilated already, and soon after 8 cm. So they rushed to call the doctor and Dino, who both just like in a drama ran into the labor room to find the top of the baby's head already presenting. It was obviously time to push, and out she came out after the first push. I was just so relieved and happy to hear her cry a healthy cry.

We're now back at home and adjusting to our new life of having two kids! It has been fantastic having Dino around on his paternity leave, but next week the real challenge will start. Imran has been handling it well so far, always looking out for his sister first thing in the morning and when he arrives back from school. But he still doesn't understand why he can't have a bath with his sister! :)

And Rania - she's just beautiful. She is feeding and sleeping well so far and seems to be quite alert. She loves looking at the lights but absolutely hates changing. I have a feeling she'll be a strong character. We just feel so blessed to have a pair now and that she has arrived safely into our life.

8 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations dear to you and family!! im glad the delivery went very smoothly, and how brave without epidural! its great to hear you have a pair now, do take care...keep us updated okay? xx

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger AppleCrux said...

congrats sha2! Wow..nice pair you have now, and very2 princessy name too.. Rania is so beautiful.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you to have such an easy & smooth delivery!

have yet to see the adorable rania... will need to gather the girls and go visit both of you a.s.a.p! :)

p.s. how's confinement this time?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger iZy said...

congrats shasha! Rania is so beautiful!

and well done for epi-less delivery! :-)

xxx

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sha to you and your family! A beautiful name to a beautiful baby.. Glad your delivery went smoothly, wish me luck ya!

xx

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

thanks all for the well wishes.

nina- this time no confinement at all since we're on our own! but i did stay home for 3 weeks and of course did 'urut' for a week which was just so nice!

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger ่”ฅ็ˆ†็‰›่‚‰Frank said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger TriDerma said...

Awesome Post!!! Keep it up
Pain Relief Cream

 

Post a Comment

<< Home