Sunday, March 30, 2008

adjusting to housewife-dom


Not Imran, but me! Anyway, I have to say that so far I have been enjoying it. Basically my week consists of 2-hour yoga classes which I do religiously twice a week, one Tumbletots session with Imran, designing, drawing and managing the renovation work of our new house, grocery shopping, playing and swimming with Imran, taking him out for outings and putting him to sleep in the evenings. Life is good I must say.

Initially I wasn't sure if I was going to get bored of it, but I seriously think I won't! No doubt having a project of getting our new house ready keeps my brain working and injects a small dose of stress which is 'healthy' (does this makes sense?) and necessary. But I don't think I'm ready for work (yet, anyway) as I find myself rushing home after my yoga class just to feed the boy his lunch. As if the maid can't do this for him, I realise that I am somewhat obsessive with my baby, but I just can't help myself!

On his update, he has grown a lot in the last few weeks - physically, mentally and definitely verbally. He loves pretending to drive my car and when asked where he's going, he'll answer very casually 'shop'. He loves to pretend to cook too. So the typical conversation will go like this,

"Imran nak buat apa ni?"
" Mashak"
"Imran nak masak apa?"
"Bubur"
"Bubur apa?"
"Ayam"

So yes, you can pretty much have small conversations with him these days. And he definitely speaks more Malay too as I think it's much easier than English. He even says "Masheh" in stead of "Thank you", but it really doesn't matter whichever language first.

One thing for sure is that it's such a great joy watching him develop every day and I certainly don't want to be missing out!





6 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

imran has grown so much!so cute...
nway, think i'll email u soon. nak tanya bout about house etc. we're in the midst of doing up our house back home too..pening and stress too!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger The Momster said...

i envy u for getting to be with imran all the time. :)

it's lovely to hear them talk isn't it. hopefully the next time we meet imran would want to talk to me too!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

it is really nice once they start talking. i find that i don't even turn the tv on anymore.. he just entertains me!

didn't realise you got a house here rina! excellent - at least we know that you're definitely coming back! :)

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger modd said...

heheh...can't help noticing how they pronouce 'S' as 'Syh'....heheh...

some of adelia's:
syomemore, syleep, syian dia...

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger iZy said...

once they start, they will never stop! Ilham stops talking only when he is asleep. :-)

imran looks so cute pretending to play masak2 in the pic!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger elly said...

the pic is just too cute! i remember when arina got excited when we went to my inlaws and they gave her a tupperware + a ladle, and she was making music, pretend to cook with just those! hehe

its fun seeing them play + building up their vocab, kan?!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home