Wednesday, December 05, 2007

dillema


Now that we have to return to the 'real world' after this extra-ordinary year, I am faced with a dillema that I knew I would sooner or later - shall I go back to work?

I have been so spoilt to have been able to be with Imran in his first year and now it will be difficult for me to commit myself to working and let others have the joy of taking care of him. The thought of not being able to have lunch with him, taking him for activities in the afternoons and seeing that smile on his face when I pick him up from his naps seem almost impossible at times.

On the other hand, it would be nice for me to have something to work on and I do love what I do in terms of work. The problem is the commitment to the long hours and also the stress makes me question if it is worth the sacrifice. I guess it would be good if I can work part-time, but it's difficult to imagine anyone in Malaysia wanting to hire a part-time architect! I could also do something at a smaller scale on my own so that I have more flexibility, but I know that having your own business is even more stressful.

I know this dillema is all very familiar to most mothers. But at the end of the day, a decision has to be made and it is a decision that really affects your life.




5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shasha,
your boy is sooo cute!ohh, yes, working in this industry is very stressful..huhuhuhuhu..

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger The Momster said...

i really really like that pic! :)

i know how hard it is for u to make that decision. i'd give up my 9-5 job anytime if i can afford it.
especially with all the maid issues i'm facing :P

good luck and i'm sure what u'll decide will be best for all of you.

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the dilemma you are facing! i too feel it somehow...

Throughout our numerous conversations that we had, you would know what kind of decision i would have made!

Follow your heart and do what is best for both you and imran.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger modd said...

hmmm...
i like the pic too...

anyway, what about a business which is not so-business-like...
like some home-operated thing, which is more towards 'hobby' than 'work'..which you can choose to do it or not..whenever you feel like doing it...and the target market is people that you know (or familiar with)...something simple...

i am saying this, because with your creativity, there's so much you can do...good luck!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

thanks guys for all the feedback!

i know what you mean nina, having a maid has a lot of its downsides too and it will never be the same if we take care of our own home ourselves.

rina - yes i think i know what you would choose!

and modd - thanks for the idea! i have been thinking a lot about something along those lines. let's see what happens..

meanwhile, the plan is just to settle back home and let dino settle with his new job first which probably doesn't start till march anyway. so i'll have plenty of time to think still..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home