Friday, September 14, 2007

life in france - part 2


We've settled back in Fontainebleau after the summer holidays, but this time our life feels very different than the first half of the year.

Firstly, Imran is at a completely different stage than he was before - much stronger, sociable and eating almost anything! He is enjoying the playroom at INSEAD like he never did before - getting into the walkers, crawling into the tunnels and tents, pushing the tricycles and (unfortunately) 'ransacking' all the toys from the shelves. He relates to people much better too. So, I can stop make-believing that he has friends here because he really does now!

Then, it's the new house - I just love it. This view from our bedroom of our courtyard entrance and the neighbour's gorgeous garden creeping up the wall is just heaven for me. The neighbourhood is typically French with tiny streets and neighbours in such close proximity. I've always walked into these streets before, peeping into their windows and wondering to myself how it feels like to be on the other side of the window. And here I am, cooking Imran's food every morning while he's playing in the kitchen and watching people pass by with their dogs and children. We greet each other and they can tell exactly what Imran is having for lunch as I'm chopping and cooking away on the kitchen stove! How strange and interesting it is to be in your private world in such close contact to the public domain.

Lastly, I have now started to drive around. We changed our leased car to an automatic one, so it is not so daunting for me to be driving on the other side of the road. I feel much more mobile now compared to before, which is just great!

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear, welcome back and glad to hear you've settled! anyhow, received your email and have replied. do check!

xox, rina

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger elly said...

hi! good write up, am just imagining it. hehe

hi there rina!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger elly said...

great view, wished could see more...

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger iZy said...

hi sha! your descriptions 'feel' so real, I could imagine being there looking out through the window! :-) kisses for little Imran from me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home