Saturday, June 23, 2007

i'm only physically here


Mentally, I am already at home with my family. I find myself constantly thinking about home - about mum's whereabouts, who is coming to visit her at home, the conversations they're having, what she is having for her meals, and most importantly how she is feeling - by the hour this is!

She is much better now and positive in spirit. The brave woman that she is, she's not scared to go through the chemo, which is a good start. The only thing that brings her down from time to time is the thought of it coming back later. The experts are saying that because it is early stage, there's 98% chance that it will be cured completely.

But of course one can't help but to worry about the 2%. But I tell her that the 2% is probably the same probability as one of us getting hit by a car anyway. So, sometimes in life, we have to just stop worrying about the things that are out of our control. We should only worry about the things that are within our control and try all we can to make the best of them. This was the advice of a good friend whom I spoke to recently. Good advice, I think about it all the time - so thanks dear.

For now, I just can't wait to be back to be with my family. We need each other, more than ever. Will arrive in KL on the 7th July for the summer break. Initially we were suposed to leave on the 12th to fit in a road trip to Germany and Switzerland, but now who cares about the trip? As my heart is already at home.





2 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yey!

lets all meet up some time when you're home ... but you need to exclude enal ... you don't want imran to be traumatised like the other tots

:op

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger miss-cream said...

yes.. definitely! let's get something organised. but wait for a few days for me to settle la kan..

and what's this about ainnal? i'm sure imran would lurvvvve her?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home