Monday, June 04, 2007

a very special birthday


My first birthday as a mother turned out to be a very special one. Starting from the 26th May with the INSEAD Summer Ball at the Chateau de Fontainebleau - it could not have been a better start to an unforgetable birthday celebration! We went to London the next day to meet up with my family who had just arrived from Malaysia that morning (minus Ashed who couldn't miss classes).
We went to our friends' house that night for a reunion with my ex-colleagues who have all now moved to work or study in London. My parents were more than happy to babysit their grandson, so it was quite nice for both of us to be completely mobile like how we were before baby-life! It was fantastic to see our friends and to catch up on each other's progress since we left TRHY - and what better setting than at their trendy London apartment!
Next day which was my birthday was spent shopping. I do love the shopping in London, but mostly window shopping I must say! The weather wasn't great, but all I cared about was to spend time with my family and especially to see them bonding with Imran - just seeing that made me feel so happy beyond words.
We then spent one more day in London and two days in Paris, before coming back to Fontainebleau. It was just lovely having the family here, although only for 3 days. If I was greedy, I would have asked for more!
This morning after they left, I realised that nothing means to me more than my family. It felt as if the house was filled with sadness today, but I had to force myself to be cheerful for the little one. I'm sure he feels their absence too. Dino was quite sweet knowing very well that his hopeless wife would be homesick - he actually came back for lunch, which is rather unusual..
After putting Imran to sleep tonight, I checked my email and blog and received all your thoughtful birthday wishes. And I couldn't help but reflect what a special birthday it has been for me! So, thank you. Here's to a blissful year ahead - hopefully.
* The baby Nelly is carrying in the photo is not hers! I thought I'd better keep the record straight for her sake :)

5 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger The Momster said...

happy belated birthday shasha!! i've been disconnected from the net for a while thus the late wish.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger elly said...

Happy to hear that you had a great time on your birthday. Happy birthday again!

Luv the photo btw... :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger fara / ly-d said...

omigod.. who's baby is it then.. extra chubbiness... gegetz-worthy. anywho.. happy birthday again!!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger miss-cream said...

haha. that's my friend's baby - elise. and she's same age as imran.. can you believe it?

anyway, thanks for the lovely wishes! xx

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Maryam said...

an apt move ... my initial reaction, how did nelly carry that chubster!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home