Monday, March 05, 2007

new routine?

This refers to Imran's routine. I guess those of us who have babies (and not working!) will understand that your life pretty much revolves around your baby's routine. Well in my case, this is almost non-existant. He does sleep between 7 to 7, but wakes up about 3 times in the night, which is really a bit much for a 4 month old. He doesn't nap well either, which makes it quite difficult throughout the day as well.

When he was first born, I tried to put him on a routine from a book which worked wonders for a trusted friend and apparently many of her other friends. Unfortunately, I gave up very soon after reading from other sources that demand feeding is the only way to go, and to never watch the clock when feeding, but only watch your baby. So I fed him whenever he cried, and now am starting to worry that it is becoming completely unhealthy - both for me and also for him. He will always need the breasts to put himself to sleep!

Determined to face reality, I read that he should be feeding 4-hourly (he SNACKS about 2-hourly!) So, I decided to be brave and fix his routine. On our second day now, and so far the feeds have been every 4 hours, but his sleeps have gone hay-wire.

To be honest, I am not too confident if it'll be a success, but will keep trying as much as I can!

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Sha, u really have to keep trying to understand them..after all, u'll enjoy doing it!!All the best,yah?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home