Tuesday, December 19, 2006

mixed feelings

I have been avoiding the thought of leaving home for France, in fear of feeling sad. Call me a baby, but I notice the older I get, the more homesick I become whenever I am away!

I guess it would be easier if we were going in spring or even summer, but as it's going to be freezing when we arrive, it's not going to be so cheerful. I dislike winter and the grey sky, layers of thick winter clothings and heavy boots, the lack of sunshine, the dry air caused by the electric heater, the fact that you're always hungry!

Then I realised what a pessimist I have been, and reminded myself to be a bit more positive about it all. This is afterall our dream - I mean how exciting is it to live in France for a while! I've always loved Paris and the richness of art and culture surrounding it, the 'chic' lifestyle and fashion, the language, the pattiserie and cafes by the streets, the yummy crepes! I can't wait to visit the museums again without having to rush like you do when you go for holidays. I look forward to be alone with my new family. I think it is so ideal to bring up Imran in a quiet country town like Fountaineableau in his first year, so we can take it easy and enjoy his growing milestones.

So, as I'm rambling away on my mixed feelings about going to France, I realise that it's going to be great, so long that I keep a positive mindset! Now it's time start packing.. let's just treat it like a long holiday. Afterall it is only one year, it really isn't that long at all..



4 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Erra said...

it'll be fun lah ... new place with baby imran growing up ... you'll be too busy discovering + learning to miss home

:o)

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think being alone with your family for some time would be good to totally enjoy each other's company.

plus, i love paris too so i think u r lucky!! :)

have fun!!

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was blog hopping and stumbled upon your blog. Didn't know you were pregnant. Anyhow, congratulations on the newborn boy. I wish I could move out from KL and go live somewhere else.... ;)
Good luck to you and your family!
-naziah-

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger nadio said...

hi sha...when are u leaving?

u'll be fine...i'll go visit u nanti ok!

eesh i'm so jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home