Friday, September 07, 2007

a very difficult goodbye


It was one of the most difficult goodbyes I've had to do, when I left for France two days ago leaving my parents and family after spending two months of the summer holidays with them. I know very well that they are going to miss Imran and me tremendously, especially during this trying times of Mama going through chemo.

They will miss having Imran as the centre of attention at the dining table when we have breakfast together. Imran too will miss having his Dada feed him his biscuit in the morning, his Dadi's very interesting 'toys' dug out from the kitchen cabinets, his Tita Theresa talking to him in Tagalog and his Aunty Nelly playing hide and seek with him in the evenings. He will miss the sounds of the ice-cream van, the motorcycle horn of the bread man and kids playing around the neighbourhood. He will miss the house, his room and definitely his 'jungle gym' where he plays at every day!

But, as they keep reminding me - life has to go on. And the longer I stay, the harder it will get for all of us - which I guess is true.

The only thing that makes it a bit easier was to see the expression on Dino's and Imran's faces as they reunite. Sometimes in life, we just have to be strong, no matter how hard it may seem.




1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shasha,
selamat berpuasa..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home