Monday, March 02, 2009

mum of the year award


Thank you Nina for awarding me this! Although I don't know if I deserve it, I do know for sure that I am very serious about my role as a mother and am always giving my all to be a good mum to Imran and Rania.

It seems that the award comes with a set of rules which are:

1. Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom). Once you have written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. Remember you are a good mom!

2. List 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.

3. Send this to 5 other moms of the year that deserve a reminder that they too are the best moms that they can be. Remember to send them a note letting them know you have selected them, and also add a link to your post that directs people back to the person who nominated you.

So, here goes.

1. I feel awful that every evening, I actually look forward to put them to bed, so that I can enjoy some 'me' time and have some quietness and adult conversation. It's always a relief once they've gone to bed, but the thing is essentially we'll be talking about them all evening and that's the time when I suddenly miss them and want to wake them up! (but this feeling only lasts for 30 seconds though!)


2. The things I love about my kids

- How Rania's finger toes curl up in bliss while she's breastfeeding

- How she holds my finger and sometimes my clothes so tightly not wanting to let it go

- Her toothless grin and the smiling eyes that accompany it

- Imran's baby-talk and how he calls himself 'Iman'

- Imran's 'happy dance' which he does when he can't contain his excitement

- His sense of humor and his laugh

- The times we spend together just the 4 of us


3. I would like to award this to

- Back to Nina who is always trying to do her best for her family - not only her little unit, but also the larger one (this is what I gather from reading your blog!)

- Elynor who (especially now in her last weeks of pregnancy) is taking care of her little one often alone while hubby is away

- Izy who is taking care of her 2 boys at their tender ages and is still breastfeeding her 1.5 year old (while working too!)

- Ly-D who managed to breastfeed her 2 babies while working for at least a year (she must have spent a lot of time in the Petronas expressing room!)

- Modek who is managing being a mum while studying and without help or family support overseas. I've been through it so I know how tough it can be!


6 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the photo of the two! i think rania's looking more like you now! :)

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

thanks..not easy to take photo of the two of them as imran is not so keen on the camera! i agree, i think rania is looking more like me... yay!

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger fara / ly-d said...

it's always gratifying to have people say these lil bundles of joy we've carried for 9 mths ++ takes after us!!!

love the photo and rania does take after you!

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how i wish i could hold rania in my arms now and decide who does she take after :-)
but one thing for sure, she's beautiful!

-izy

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger miss-cream said...

thanks izy. when can we meet up? pls call me when you come to kl next ok? xx

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger elly said...

thanks for the award dear! i've yet to do it, will try n get to it soon!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home